Definition :- Database is a organized collection of data that are related in meaningful information, which can be accessed by different user but stored only once.
Application of database
You needs to certain operation which help to the maintain data in database. The most common operations performed on database are:
- Insertion :- This operation add new data into the database. i.e. Add new phone number into the telephone directory.
- Selection :- This operation view the stored data. i.e. View the telephone name of the person from telephone directory.
- Updation :- This operation modify the data. i.e. Replace the old phone number with new phone number from directory.
- Deletion :- This operation delete a data from the directory.
- Sorting :- This operation arrange the data in desired order.
Characteristics of database
The most cammom characteristics of all DBMS are following.
- Database represents the complex relationships among different data.
- Database keeps control of data redundancy.
- User defined to ensure th integrity of data in table form.
- Ensures that data can be shared across all application,
- Data access authorization.
- Database has an automatic, intelligent backup and recovery procedure of data.
- Database has different interface through which users can manipulate data.
Data processing :- Comprises of data processing are:
- Data capturing
- Data storing
- Data updating and retrieving and information of data.
Data management :- It is a arrangement of data with in an organization include it.
- Data administration
- Defining the data in standards form
- The way in which people perceive and use the data day-to-day. Data management also method of storage of data on a disk or other storage devices.