Definition :- DBMS is software system used to manage database and its operation like Insertion, deletion, retrieval, etc. The user use to store, modify and extract information from a database when they are requirements. It acts as an inter-mediator between the user and database.
Structure of DBMS
The major components of DBMS are:-
- Data Definition Language Compiler :- Data Definition Language compiler is converts the data definition statement.
- Data manager :- Data manager is center software component of DBMS. The data manager control the DBMS information access that is stored on disk and controls the backup and recovery operation.
- File manager :- It maintains the structure of the file and managing the file space.
- Disk manager :- Disk manager is part of operation system of the host computer and input and output operation performed by it.
- Data file :- Data file contain data portion of the database.
- Data dictionary :- Data dictionary is a database about the database. Data dictionary hold the following information about data element in the database.
- Range of value
- Access authorisation
- Indicates which application program use the data, that a change data structure when is contemplated, a list of programs can be generated.