- Data Acquisition: Data product can be obtained in pictorial and digital form by the remote sensing technique. It involves five steps.
- Source of electromagnetic energy.
- Transmission of energy from the source to the surface of the earth where in it undergoes absorption and scattering during its passage through the atmosphere.
- Interaction of earth’s surface (reflection, scattering, absorption and re-emission).
- Transmission of reflected scattered emitted energy from the objects located on the earth surface and sensing system (sensor data output).
- Sensing system (sensor data output).
2. Data Analysis: The pictorial digital data acquired by the sensors is converted into data product with the help of the computer. It provides synthetic information of spatial data. It has three important elements.
- Data product
- Interpretation and analysis
- Information product and users.